August 6, 2008

Can We Say "Mama"???

Well, Miss Rachel can! That's right....just a few days ago she started with the "bababab"ing...it quickly turned into "mamama". Needless to say it was so wonderful to hear. Now I don't think she is yet making the association between what she is saying and me (Brent thinks otherwise) but either way, it's still so much fun to hear her say it. And of course, Brent is now really focused on her saying "dadada". He of course encourages the mama but I think he is getting antsy to hear his name!
She is also crawling all over the place. It's crazy how fast she can get going on those tiny little knees and hands! And she thinks its just the greatest thing ever-especially when we act like we are chasing her-she cracks up. So of course baby proofing has begun because she likes to investigate everything!!!

Her top right tooth is coming in. So far she hasn't seemed too bothered by it so I hope it stays that way. Last week, I started offering biter biscuits so she can start practicing to feed herself. I think she really likes them but man they are messy. She gets them everywhere on her!! I also tried eggs but she wasn't too interested so we'll wait a while on those.

Just today she started showing the first inclinations of wanting to pull herself up on things. She can't quite do it yet but I don't think it will be too much longer.

In just a few short days, she will be 9 months. I can't believe it. She is really leaving the baby stage and sometimes its just so sad. But more than that, I am excited about watching her grow and develop-her personality just comes out more and more each day. She is such a firecracker!

As for me, I am almost done with my 3rd week of Baby Boot Camp. I have been going 3 days per week and have really been enjoying it. It kicks my butt and I am exhausted afterwards but it is such a good workout. In addition to myself getting exercise, I am also exposing Rachel to exercise and a way to be healthy. I hope this can be a good start to setting healthy lifestyle examples for her. Plus at the end of each class, all the babies can get out of their strollers and crawl around.

We are finally having some nice days here and it's feeling like summer. We try to enjoy the weather as much as possible.


Here are some of the latest photos plus a video clip of the doodlebug laughing....


Can you see my two bottom teeth???

The oddest things seem to entertain her...


Rachel vs. The Carrots....who you think won??



For some reason, certain things Brent says just cracks her up. If I say them, it's just not quite as funny. In this instance, Brent was changing her and asks "can you pull up your pants?" This was the funniest thing ever to her...you can also hear her gurgling..she loves doing that also!

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

She's so cute! I have the same feelings of sadness and joy about Cori getting older. At times I wish she would just stay the little bundle she is, but I also find myself looking forward to her crawling, talking, exploring, etc. Guess that's one of the tough parts about being a mom. :)

I have lots of questions for you about getting a jogging stroller so we'll talk tomorrow. Matt said he wants one!

Erika said...

I love that little video!! Sooo cute! Daddies just have that way. :)

She is still a baby!!! Hahaha, but I know what you mean. Babies are so precious.

I'm so impressed with you and Alyssa doing Baby Boot Camp! Way to go! You are stronger than me!!

Katie said...

Thanks so much!! And I am not sure about being stronger than you, hello, look at all that weight you lost!!! That took a lot of willpower!

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

Aww... such a precious giggle! :) I love it! :)

Hope you have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Michele