September 10, 2008

10 Months Old

Yep, we are now in the double digits and only 2 months left until the big b-day. My mind is filled with all sorts of ideas and plans for her party....I just need to get focused and start putting those plans into action.

As summer comes to an end, it's a little sad but I must say that I am looking forward to what the next few months will bring. Of course, her birthday...but we also have her first Halloween, Thanksgiving to celebrate, and a visit with Santa in December. It's important to us to begin establishing holiday traditions...and although she won't have her own memories of these first few holidays, we will be sure to capture it all through photos, video, and journals. I have such fond memories of the holiday season when I was a child and I want Rachel to have the same feelings when she reflects on her childhood.

Rachel is all over the place these days! She has recently learned to pull herself up on objects so anything she sees, she attempts to pull herself up. Most of the time, its fine but other times, its a little scary...She loves to pull things out of boxes and such. And when everything is pulled out, she is done and moves on. I am anxious for the day when she will start to put those things back....

She has four teeth and is working on the next two. I believe these new "tools" she has in her mouth have allowed her to try more types of foods. She currently really likes cheese, cheerios, and yogurt. I am still offering her all sorts of other foods but so far she seems to be a little picky in the food department...it takes her a long while to warm up to new foods.

I think she is getting close to saying "dada"....right now, its something closer to "jaja"...if that makes any sense. And she loves testing out her volume level....mainly in public places of course. As soon as she can understand the concept, we will definitely be teaching the difference between inside voice and outside voice.

Brent has recently started a new position within the same company and is really enjoying it so far. I think its refreshing for him to have this new career challenge. He also will be starting school in a few weeks so our lives will be busy!!! I am so proud of him for all that he takes on while also being a great husband and father.

Rachel and I are still doing Baby Boot Camp three days per week-we love it! Well, I probably enjoy it a little bit more than she does....especially the end of class-she is ready to be out of that stroller! But I love the great workout and the comrade of the other moms who are trying to be fit also. I am also still doing my walking / book club group two times per week. We are currently reading Mansfield Park by Jane Austen. It's been a while since I have read a classic so it definitely takes some focus.


Some pics of Doodle...


Look Ma, one hand!


Proof that baby proofing works!

Beautiful blue eyes

Until next time...

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Rachel looks so grown up standing like that. It's so exciting to see her move on to the next stages. You'll have your hands full when she starts walking!

There is such a fine balance between looking forward to things, but still living each present moment fully. I'm just so excited about Halloween! :)

Erika said...

Hahaha! I love the video! She's getting SOO big!!

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

She is so cute! :) I love the video. :)

Blessings,
Michele